Riddim Driven Clothing
Books & Magazines
Electronics & DJ Accessories
VP Reggae Digital Catalog
The Chant / Sizzla
AFRO JAM MUSIC
Overcome by the reception he received on his 2010 African tour, Sizzla was moved to write and record there, traveling to Ghana, Zimbabwe, Gambia and South Africa on a musical journey to the heartland. The resulting album “The Chant” is 13 new recordings mixed at Caveman Studio by Everton “Dr. Cave” Moore, who produced some of Sizzla’s early break though hits. The music demonstrates the musical kinship between Africa and reggae, and the classic roots style that has powered Sizzla biggest hits.
The album features
• performance by African artist Jah Seed
• Extensive liner notes by note author John Masouri.
• Musicians include Howard D-Steele Christian & Bunny Wailer, and live drums by Kirk Sewel.
• a re-lick of Bob Marley’s “Rat Race” riddim on System Crash
• original Wailers riddim composed by Rita Anderson Marley on “Put Away The Weapons”
Sizzla’s African adventure has only begun. “Never let it be said that Sizzla doesn’t live in Africa”, announced the artist on his return to Jamaica to complete the album at Caveman’s HQ in East Kingston. Africa is in his heart.
Sizzla Kalonji 'The Chant' Album Announcement 2012
You may also like...
THE MESSIAH SIZZLA
DON'T MISLEAD THE YOUTHS SIZZLA
Welcome To The Good Life / Sizzla
Share your knowledge of this product with other customers...
Be the first to write a review
Join Our Mailing List
Shipping & Returns
Become an Affiliate
Terms and Conditions